Wednesday, 2 September 2026

Ten Before The End

September has arrived. With only four months left in 2026, and having already achieved my reading goals for the year, I have reprioritised my 'to be read' shelf and selected ten books to read before the end of 2026.

There are four more books to read in the '2026 Read Christie' challenge, and as I have already completed eight this year, I will likely finish this reading list. The remaining titles by Agatha Christie are:

  • Endless Night
  • Sleeping Murder
  • And Then There Were None
  • Hercule Poirot's Christmas



Looking through the various unread books I already own, I have prepared a shortlist of six more titles to read before the year end:

  • Ann Patchett - Whistler
  • Tana French - In the Woods
  • Tasma Walton - I am Nannartgarrok
  • Jacqueline Harpman - I Who Have Never Known Men
  • Solvej Balle - On the Calculation of Volume (1)
  • Ian McEwan - On Chesil Beach
Of course there are plenty of other unread titles vying for my attention, so some of these may get bumped into next year.

There are also a handful of titles that are being published later this year which I cannot wait to get my mitts on. This includes:

  • Min Jin Lee - American Hagwon
  • Marlon James - The Disappearers
  • Barbara Kingsolver - Partita
  • Emily St John Mandel - Exit Party
  • Chris Hammer - Full Circle

So there's my (current) plan for the next few months. We shall see whether or not this pans out!