Wednesday 27 April 2022

Women's Prize Shortlist 2022

The 2022 Women's Prize shortlist has been announced!  The six titles on the shortlist are:

  • Sorrow and Bliss - Meg Mason
  • The Island of Missing Trees - Elif Shafak
  • Great Circle - Maggie Shipstead
  • The Book of Form and Emptiness - Ruth Ozeki
  • The Bread the Devil Knead - Lisa Allen-Agostini
  • The Sentence - Louise Erdrich


When the Longlist was announced in March, I predicted that Edrich, Shafak, Ross and Shipstead would be on the shortlist. Leone Ross missed out for This One Sky Day, but I was right about the others. Not bad guess work when there were 16 excellent titles on the longlist!

I have started Great Circle, and have The Sentence, The Island of Missing Trees and Sorrow and Bliss on my bedside waiting their chance to be read.  I have the others on order with my local library, but won't likely get them for a while.

To learn more about these shortlisted titles, there is a summary on each book on my blog, and the judges have released a short video announcing the shortlist below. You can also read interviews with the authors on the Women's Prize website.


The winner will be revealed on 15 June 2022. Better get reading!