Thursday 21 July 2022

Booker 2022 Predictions

The Booker Prize Longlist will be announced next week. It is always difficult to predict which novels will make the cut. Sometimes there will be obvious contenders, but the Booker always throws in some surprises. 

To be eligible, the novel has to have been written in English and published in UK/Ireland between 1 October 2021 and 30 September 2022. While I am not across when novels were published in UK/Ireland, I am going to take a guess at who might appear on the longlist.

My predictions are:


I would love it if Jennifer Down were nominated for her award winning novel Bodies of Light, or Jennifer Egan for The Candy House, but I am not sure if they meet the eligibility rules.  

The longlist will be announced on 26 July, followed by the shortlist on 6 September and the winner announcement in October.