Monday 23 November 2015

Normal service will resume....







It has been a few weeks since my last blog post and my loyal readers (Hi Mum!) may be wondering if I have stopped reading.  The answer is no, in fact I have been reading too much, all over the place, and consequently not finishing anything.

The problem is twofold. First, I started walking home from work which has seen me shift to listening to podcasts rather than reading. Second, I picked up Norman Mailer's Executioner's Song (1979), an engrossing epic of over a thousand pages and this weighty tome is my bedtime reading.

In the meanwhile, the other books I had started to read have been pushed aside. These include:

  • Faction Man (2015) by David Marr (Quarterly Essay)
  • Career of Evil (2015) by Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling)
  • Women I've Undressed (2015) by Orry Kelly
  • Go Set a Watchman (2015) by Harper Lee


The problem is added to when the books keep piling up. The latest Quarterly Essay (Laura Tingle) has arrived in the mail and the latest Margaret Atwood has arrived on my eReader. Plus, that podcast I have been listening to is Chat10Looks3 by Annabelle Crabb and Leigh Sales. The two of them always have reading ideas and got me started on the Executioner's Song! I have a lot of reading to do before the end of the year.