news that the publisher is having difficulty keeping up with demand.
So when I stumbled upon a single copy of His Bloody Project in a Canberra bookshop, I quickly bought it and began reading. I have not yet finished as I am taking it slowly to prolong my enjoyment. But I plan to pass it on to my mother in a few weeks who will find it of interest.
The Booker prize shortlist was recently revealed and it will come as no surprise that I am delighted that Graeme Macrae Burnet is on the list.
The shortlisted novels are:
- The Sellout - Paul Beatty (US)
- Hot Milk - Deborah Levy (UK)
- His Bloody Project - Graeme Macrae Burnet (UK)
- Eileen - Ottessa Moshfegh (US)
- All That Man Is - David Szalay (Canada/UK)
- Do Not Say We Have Nothing - Madeleine Thien (Canada)
There is no obvious winner now that major names like Coetzee and Kennedy are out. So perhaps His Bloody Project has a chance... Winners will be announced 25 October 2016.