- Six Bedrooms by Tegan Bennett Daylight (read review)
- Hope Farm by Peggy Frew
- A Few Days in the Country: And Other Stories by Elizabeth Harrower
- The World Without Us by Mireille Juchau
- The Natural Way of Things by Charlotte Wood (read review)
- Small Acts of Disappearance: Essays on Hunger by Fiona Wright
Brief synopses of these titles can be found on my post about the longlist.
Of these books I am most excited for Charlotte Wood's The Natural Way of Things. After hearing Wood speak at the All About Women festival this week, I am really keen for her novel to be better known. It is a powerful, important story.
It is wonderful to have this prize as so often women writers are under represented and their stories go unnoticed. The winner will be announced on 19 April 2016.